My primary specialism, the bulk of my experience is in the medical and life science sector. I graduated with a 1st class BSc (Dual Hons) in Forensic Science and French from Keele University, but decided on a career in language services rather than Forensics.
All of my 8 years’ working in the largest global Language Service Provider (LSP) companies has been in their life science translation divisions; first for RWS, then for SDL. As a result, I have worked with most of the world’s top pharmaceutical, clinical trial and medical device companies and have gained deep familiarity with a wide range of documents. Below are just a sample of the types of content I have worked with.
- hospital reports
- adverse event reports
- journal articles
- ethics committee correspondence
- clinical trial protocols
- investigator brochures
- informed consent forms
- medical device brochures
- instructions for use (IFU)
- patient information leaflets (PIL)
- summary of product characteristics (SmPC)
- consumer and healthcare practitioner market research surveys
- patient recruitment materials
- consumer healthcare marketing
- training materials
I am proud to work as a volunteer translator/reviewer for Translators Without Borders.